Different Kinds of Blinds and Shades
Blinds and shades are window coverings common for similar purposes such as giving privacy to the people inside a particular establishment or protecting the interior part from direct sunlight.
– Slat blinds made of vinyl or metal is consisting of many flat horizontal slats connected to a string which have a 170 degrees rotation adjustments for hiding the light or it can be pulled up to clear the window. The blind rotation is dependent on the connector being attached to a pulling cord or string, so the lowering and raising are done by pulling different strings.
– Venetian blinds are slatted blind having either a plastic or metal composition. There are also available slats made of wood pertaining to wood or bamboo blinds. The slat width ranges from 50 to 120mm but the most common width is 50mm.
– Mini-blinds are Venetian blinds having narrower width slats ranging from 19 to 24mm.
– Vertical blinds have slats made of plastic, metal or stiffened fabric hanging from a track on its one end. The horizontal slats has a 90 degrees rotation for allowing light to pass or can be fold up to either side of the window or doors. They also called as track blinds.
– Solid blinds can be fold up or roll up but it cannot be entirely opened so that light can pass through. These types of blinds are populary called window shades. These blinds include:
• Holland blinds also known as roller shades can be pulled down to roll the window blinds.
• Wood blinds that are woven have slats made of decorative bamboo, wood or other woven natural material with a colored yarn, simple string or other materials having decorations almost similar to a solid blind. This blinds are roll up or fold up for light adjustments. Woven wood blinds are affordable shutters alternatives, energy efficient and has a greater control over lights.
• Pleated shades are made of fabric with pleated shades being pulled up so that it could flatly sit on the window’s top corner.
• Honeycomb shades resembles a pleated shades, the only difference are the other layers being sewed on the pleats forming a compartment trapping the air for insulation purposes. If you want higher insulation and energy efficiency, look for more cells counts.
• Roman shades are made of woven wood or fabric. It has excellent insulation and easier operation.
Blinds and shades vary in kinds, so choose what suits your needs best.